Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sisters in Zion

This afternoon as I was driving home from work I was listening to John Bytheway's book on CD called What I Wish I'd Known Before My Mission (which I highly recommend, by the way). In it he mentions that he had the privilege of being missionary companions with a friend of his from high school, and he talks about what a great time they had serving together.

I thought to myself how nice it would be to serve with a friend, someone you already knew and trusted. But just as quickly I dismissed the thought, thinking, "But that sort of thing would never happen to me."

Well, my friends, as I've been learning these past few months, you never say never with the Lord.


This is Lyn (+ the Jonas Brothers, of course), a girl I know and love from this past year at BYU. She's a lovely young woman, a phenomenal dancer, and a wonderful friend. 
I shamelessly stole your picture off Facebook, Lyn--I hope you don't mind. :)
Tonight I got a text letting me know that she just got her mission call. And guess what mission she's going to?

That's right--NEW YORK ROCHESTER!! 

She'll be speaking Spanish (I'm not), but she will also be serving in the Hill Cumorah Visitor's Center. She leaves in March.

WISH GRANTED.

It's things like this that let me know that God loves and is mindful of me. He gave me what I wanted, and I didn't even really have to ask! Truly the Lord is kind to us.

Congrats on the mission call, Lyn! Can't wait to see you in New York next year!!


2 comments:

  1. This is so great! Love that Lyn (or Katie as we know her back in NM) will already have a friend in the field. Congrats to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! We are both super excited to be serving together!

    ReplyDelete